The Housekeeping Administrative Assistant assists with the daily operation of the housekeeping department and supports the managers, supervisors, and associates in achieving the highest quality of cleanliness and service to guests. Is responsible for answering and following up on guest requests, allocating daily duties, perform clerical/secretarial duties, and maintenance of the housekeeping office.QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
: High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a resort or a related field required.LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED
: NoneREQUIRED SKILLS
: Must be able to read, write and speak English. Bi-lingual skills a plus but not required.KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE:
Ability to understand above average computer equipment and applications to include but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Property or Lodging Management Systems (Visual One). Must be able to efficiently process and export data from LMS, Time/Attendance and other property systems.PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
: Experience with properties (Hotels and Resorts) in excess of 500 rooms and/or working in day-to-day housekeeping operations is helpful.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and /or small amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to walk and/or stand during entire shift or for long periods of time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, advanced arithmetic functions and statistical analysis.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain a professional, warm, and friendly working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other associates.
- Ensure all guest calls are completed within a timely manner and follow up to ensure satisfaction; as well as, answer all housekeeping phones ensuring messages are directed to the proper person.
- Keep workspace clean and free from clutter.
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and applicable property processes to schedule all department associates and department daily, weekly, bi-weekly information to include all hours worked and modify information when applicable.
- Maintain reports for all managers that include, but are not limited to: Anniversary Dates, Hire Dates, Available PTO, Department Compendiums, etc.
- Prepare all attendance counseling notices for managers and ensure timely signatures and follow through.
- Housekeeping Office Coordinator Job Expectations continued:
- Maintain compliance with attendance policy by documenting all accrued and merit attendance points on each associate's attendance calendar and submit appropriate counseling notices as identified in the policy to corresponding manager for associate signature.
- Provide clerical/secretarial and administrative support for the housekeeping department, including data input, filing, tracing, answering telephones, printing reports, payroll, and departmental records/logs.
- Run and maintain boards; keeping the supervisors up-to-date with arrivals, departures, rush rooms and guest service equipment.
- Communicate effectively and coordinate efficiently all housekeeping work with related departments such as Front Office and Facilities.
- Prepare all purchase orders and ensure proper delivery upon approval signatures.
- Conduct random inventory audits.
- Ensure accurate coding and processing of all invoices.
- Generate monthly reports identifying current and budgeted cost of Chemicals, Equipment and Supplies.
- Compile and file daily housekeeping reports, including forwarding any necessary reports to management.
- Perform Lost & Found duties according to resort standards in the absence of the Lost & Found Attendant, or as deemed necessary by management.
- Participate in Daily Promise meetings and trainings as required by management.
- Perform other housekeeping duties as requested from management.
- Comply at all times with Kalahari standards and regulations to encourage safe, clean, and efficient hotel operations.