Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Golf Superintendent to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.Job Summary
The Golf Superintendent is responsible of the maintenance operation and management of the golf course and maintenance facility.Education & Experience
- Associate's Degree from an intensive two year turf grass management program and 2 to 4 years of experience as Assistant or Head Golf Course Superintendent or related experience; bachelor degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or Plan Science preferred.
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience as Head Golf Superintendent working at a Resort or Private Club, preferred.
- Certified GCSAA Member with all updated licenses. Must obtain any applicable required local and state licenses or certifications, including the State Pesticide Applicator license.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of turf grass management practices in a southern climate and working knowledge of golf facilities construction principles, practices methods, etc.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Extensive understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf. A thourough understanding of marking the golf course for normal play and club tournaments.
- Able to work rotative shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of mechanic repairs and the overseeing mechanic operation, preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Able to focus attention on maintenance details.
- Able to lift/carry or otherwise move 50+ pounds.
- Able to work flexible and long hours.
- Able to work in different and adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas. .
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operation needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Manage and maintain golf course properties including golf course, clubhouse grounds, tennis center and landscaping, open spaces and equipment used to mainatin these areas.
- Responsible of the development and implementation of all golf course maintenance programs, budgets and personnel decisions including but not limited to planning and supervising the manitenance of greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Supervises the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish work.
- Regularly inspects the golf courses anmd related areas to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved.
- Interviews, trains, directs and supervises maintenance team members.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
- Keeps the maintenance facility in top condition.
- Keeps an updated log for equipment repairs.
- Basic knowledge of installing drainage pipes and other drainage responsibilities.
- Understands how to operate various irrigation systems and managing pump stations.
- Be up-to-date on federal, state and local laws covering golf course operations.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort, 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745
Employment Status: Full-time