Who Are We: Chase Hotel Group – a dynamic, thriving, innovative hotel management company headquartered in Cranford, NJ.
Chase Hotel Group is an established and growing family business. CHG currently has 11 Hotels that are opened, 1 Under Construction and 2 in the Pipeline. Our portfolio consists of highly marketable and dominate brands such has Hampton, Home2, Fairfield and Holiday Inn Express. We have strong and challenging growth ahead and are seeking the right candidate that is up for the challenge. This is a unique opportunity to oversee a leading brand during a time of thrilling growth!
JOB TITLE: General Manager – Best Western Plus Erie
- Be readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Become involved in the community and/or government affairs.
- Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Lead by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns.
- Communicate career opportunities to team leaders and associates.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Assist team leaders in meeting and exceeding development goals.
- Meet semi-annually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Conduct monthly reward and recognition meeting celebrating goal’s and associate achievements.
- Promote empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel and within.
- Use a certificate training program as applicable.
- Assist team leaders in understanding GSS
- Assist the team leaders in doing the same for each team member.
- Conduct one-on-one with the team leaders, and team members bi-annually.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis. Utilizing local classes, trainers and other corporate training resources.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and complete in a timely fashion. Make sure associates understand all of the hotel benefits they are entitled.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Maximize revenue through the Yield Management and inventory control systems.
- Aggressively minimize accident, workmen’s compensation, and unemployment claims and resulting costs.
- Utilize budgets to teach team leaders to understand financial objectives. Balancing costs with associates/guest satisfaction.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies, utilizing GRO inventory control, KRS reports, and other forecasting tools.
- Review these weekly with Direct Sales Manager.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Resides as General Manager over full responsibilities for one property.
- Provide a safe working environment
- Responsible for accident prevention programs.
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and general clean program so that guest satisfaction goals are attained.
- Attend all regional training seminars as outlined in key success factors.
- Coordinate suite care programs (including general cleans). Identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements.
- Audit a minimum of 15 suites per week identifying challenge areas and ensuring prgrams (Guest Cleanliness/PM’s) meet standards.
- Assist/teach team supervisors scheduling against guest and hours per occupied room goals. Look for potential need times during the week.
- Ensure the cross-training of all associates.
- Ensure property hiring practices comply with I-9, ADA and EEO requirements and strive for a culturally diverse workplace.
- Promote both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Use constructive coaching and counseling when addressing associates concerns.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Have working knowledge of all corporate brands manuals.
- Scheduling of management team includes coverage of weekend and evening hours.
- Pursue additional personal development.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you are capable of performing.
- With input from the team supervisors, conduct reviews in a timely fashion.