The NEWLY RENOVATED Comfort Inn & Suites MT Iron/Brutger Equities, Inc., is looking to hire an General Manager. Do you love interacting with customers and guests? Are you self-motivated, highly ambitious and do you have the desire to succeed? Are you looking for a position that has a lot of job variety? Do you have previous hotel management experience? The General Manager must be able to work a flexible hospitality industry schedule that will include some weekends and at times may include some holidays.
The General Manager will create and maintain a customer-driven hotel while inspiring hotel associates to do their best. This person will oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals. The General Manager will be responsible to operate the hotel to company/franchise standards.
- Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, orally communicating with guests, associates, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
- Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and direct all staff to ensure quality of service, product, and profitability.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for the hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on local committees.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Why work for Comfort Inn & Suites/Brutger Equities, Inc.,
- Enjoy discounts at hotels nationwide
- Competitive salary and benefits which include:
- Matching 401-K
- Annual Bonus
- Health/Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity to grow with an experienced Hospitality Management Company
For consideration, please reply to this posting and include your resume with cover letter and contact information. The Comfort Inn & Suites is located at 8570 Rock Ridge Drive Mountain Iron, MN 55768.