Come and see for yourself how rewarding a career with Abenov Hospitality – Holiday Inn Express & Suites can be!
There are many reasons you would like working for our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Woodbury MN. While we believe a job well done is its own reward, we also realize that benefits for full-time employees like vacation time, and competitive compensation are valuable incentives. We want our associates to enjoy coming to work, and we strive to maintain a friendly, family-like atmosphere at both the property-level and our corporate offices. Employee integrity is reciprocated through mutual respect and forthright communication. We appreciate the strong work ethic of our associates and believe in promoting from within when possible. We understand that the success of our company is directly proportional to the success of our associates, and we empower them to achieve their best. No matter the position, we deliver constant training and support for a rewarding career.
Join Abenov Hospitality – Holiday Inn Express & Suites and allow your talent to shine!
General Manager Job Details
An ideal General Manager candidate must possess extensive knowledge of hotel operations, a positive attitude, the ability to oversee all operations activities and departments in hotel to maximize revenue, deliver a positive guest experience and create a team atmosphere that promotes learning and mentorship.
General Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- The General Manager will provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction and the right public image.
- The General Manager will develop annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis operational results/reports to corporate office/owners.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse workplace.
- Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Accompany Sales Manager on sales calls and take ownership of the entire sales process.
- The General Manager will become involved in community and/or government affairs.
- Remain highly visible and be always readily available for guests.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
General Manager Job Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
General Manager Education and/or Experience
- Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree preferred.
- Two to three years management experience preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Manager Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
- Be available as routine and job requires at the Hotel. Report to the Regional Manager and the Management office as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high energy, and demanding work environment.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- The General Manager requires a good understanding of revenue generation and profit/loss implications.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Excellent guest relation skills.
- The General Manager requires strong interpersonal skills needed to cultivate customer relations and work with associates of various levels and backgrounds.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated to work independently with little guidance.
- Good computer & management skills.
- Practice safety standards at all times.