In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
San Francisco Proper Hotel is seeking a Front Desk Manager. Housed in a historic flatiron building in the heart of Mid-Market, San Francisco Proper is a fresh take on the quintessential urban hotel experience; a reimagining of the past, present, and future of the city through the integrated lens of timeless design, intuitive service, and attention to detail. The 131 beautifully designed rooms offer a range of private retreats layered between a lively collection of dining and public spaces.
Are you a leader who embodies and thrives on providing exemplary service? Reporting directly to the Director of Front Office, the Front Office Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Front Desk, Bell, Valet, and Security teams. Housed in a historic flatiron building in the heart of Mid-Market, San Francisco Proper is a fresh take on the quintessential urban hotel experience; a reimagining of the past, present, and future of the city through the integrated lens of timeless design, intuitive service, and attention to detail. The 131 beautifully designed rooms offer a range of private retreats layered between a lively collection of dining and public spaces.
The Front Desk Manager will work with the Front Office Team to ensure the daily operations of the Front Desk run efficiently and smoothly.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and motivate team members; advocates sound financial decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example serving as a role model for the Front Office department
• Elevate the guest experience through empowering team members to resolve guest issues and through the effective management of critical guest concerns
• Assist with overseeing and supervising guest arrivals and departures
• Lead Forbes training with a focus on attention to detail, sense of urgency, and anticipatory service
• Coordinate and manage valet operations to ensure all guests are greeted in a professional and courteous manner
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
• Ensure guests' needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner
• Establish a positive and effective working relationship with all departments in the hotel
• Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily
• Monitor and control daily revenues and expenses by ensuring procedures are followed and proper controls are in place
• Evaluate team performance and take appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable
• Strive to improve guest and team member satisfaction
• Manage department expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted financial goals
• Support the Director of Front Office with the completion of special projects set forth by the Hotel Manager and General Manager
• Attend mandatory hotel meetings in the absence of the Director of Front Office
• Prior experience in luxury or lifestyle hotels preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years of management or supervisory experience
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
|Address||45 McAllister Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102 View map|