The Front Office Manager manages all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. The Front Office Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office, implements and enforces the Hay Adams Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Hay Adams handbook, the department operation manual as well as all hotel policies and procedures are part of this job description.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Coordinate daily activities with hotel management team on a daily basis.
- Hold monthly department meetings keeping staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing Standards of Excellence and promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- Constantly strive to improve and perfect service in the department through training, employee evaluations and timely reviews.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures. Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures. This position is a member of the hotel's emergency response team.
- Assist in ensuring that the hotel's Green Team remains invigorated and the mission is upheld, communicated and enforced throughout the organization as a member of the team.
- Perform any other duties as required and directed by Management. Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Inform all Front Office staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Undertake full responsibility for Scheduling and Payroll of the department.
- Undertake full responsibility for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the department
- Set Front Office Budget, monitor Profit & Loss and cash handling throughout the year. Supervise Upsell program at the Front Office and work as part of the Yield Management team to try and maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Director of Operations.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School diploma, general education degree or international equivalent required. College degree preferred.
License/Certification: Valid US drivers license required.
Experience: Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a luxury property required. Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Property Management Software experience preferred.
Basic Expectations: Perform all job duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Hay Adams handbook, the department operation manual as well as all hotel policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for supervision and training of all Front Office employees including but not limited to Assistant Front Office Managers, Management Trainees, Concierge, Bell and Door staff, Night Manager, Night Auditor and Lobby Ambassador.
Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of the English language is mandatory as well as the ability to speak, read and write clearly. Must be able to listen to, read and/or write instructions, memos, short correspondences and messages. Second language preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Must have good mathematical skills, ability to add, divide, subtract and multiply six digit numbers with decimals. two digit numbers. Must be able to calculate percentages and discounts. Must be able to produce and explain financial documents, daily reports, P&L accounts and budgets.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to carry out detailed instructions in both written and oral manner using common sense and understanding. Ability to deal with problems and situations in a calm and professional manner. Ability to multitask handling many different situations at one time, prioritizing problems and resolving them satisfactory.
Physical Ability: Ability to stand in a confined environment and use a computer screen for long periods. Ability to spend long hours moving around, walking, sitting, standing and crouching while performing other duties. Must be able to multitask, talk and listen simultaneously while guests are standing at the Front desk and the phone is ringing. Ability to work well under pressure and perform during emergency situations. Ability to occasionally lift bags up to 50lbs.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled