In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Spend a little time getting to know Prism Hotels & Resorts and you’ll quickly find we aren’t your typical hotel management company.
Prism Hotels & Resorts is the best place to start, grow or advance your career in the hospitality industry. Whether your interest and expertise lies in management, accounting, sales or engineering, you'll find a home at Prism--where dedication, hard work and a commitment to the best results can move you quickly up the career path of your choosing. Because we believe in mentoring, nurturing and promoting from within our talented organization, with the experience and support provided to you by Prism, the sky's the limit! Founded as a hospitality investment and management firm in 1983, Prism Hotels & Resorts has grown to a company that successfully manages over nine thousand rooms in twenty-two states. Our properties range from urban city center airport hotels to historic properties to exclusive retreats and resorts.
We maintain a constant focus on our associates and on creating the best work environment out there, one in which you can develop your skills, further your career goals, and enjoy a balance between work and home life. And while we take our commitment to success very seriously, we believe in an atmosphere of growth, development and fun! Our ability to succeed is based largely on the people we hire and an unwavering commitment to their personal and professional fulfillment. We go to great lengths to find the best person to fill a position, with as much value placed on a friendly and engaging personality as on a great resume. If you also value and demonstrate a high degree of integrity, compassion, personal leadership and resourcefulness, please apply on line!
Scope of Position:
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s) and the Sales/Catering Administrators in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration. Responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Rooms revenues and Catering revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the hotel’s performance in the marketplace
• Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes appropriate dress and correct nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
• Direct the activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of hotel sales/revenues.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
• Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan and to accurately report variances/projections.
• Direct the scheduling of conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
• Develop hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business.
• Assist General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company. Maintain an effective business plan.
• Develop the revenue portion of the budget.
• Recruit, hire, train, and provide career development for all sales personnel; conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback to employees using company hiring standards and guidelines.
• Follow company policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to subordinates.
• Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
• Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
• Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
• Coordinate group, transient and catering bookings to maximize profits.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluates trends within the market and ensures that the Sales Team is held accountable for those accounts within their respective territories.
• Coordinate all non-group transient sales and catering solicitations to maximize overall profits.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
• Conduct weekly sales meetings according to Prism standards.
• Is familiar with all Prism Sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
• Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property, and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site inspections.
• Use property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
• Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensures that Sales staff can explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the specified time period for each plan.
• Coordinate preparation of the annual Marketing Plan.
• Coordinate and direct preparation of the monthly rooms revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
• Meets and greets onsite contacts.
• Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensures that the Sales Team does the same.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Attend and/or conduct all training/meetings as required by management.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
• Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
• Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Education & Experience:
• Previous Department managerial experience in a hotel environment preferred.
• Proven financial knowledge required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Sales related computer programs required.
• College Degree preferred, and/or a minimum of 2 years in hospitality Sales and Marketing.
• Hospitality related work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of F&B preparation techniques and liquor laws and regulations preferred.
• Alcohol awareness certification as required by local or state government agency.
• Valid Driver’s License from appropriate state and MVR in good standing.
• Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
• Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 30 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand for long hours at a time.
• As Manager on Duty, ability to move quickly around to the various departments of the property.
|Address||13210 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX, 77079 View map|