Proper Hospitality is an international hospitality company that designs, brands and operates bespoke properties and experiences. Each Proper Hotel is a unique reflection of the vibrant community around it, but share the same excellence in service, convenience of location, and world-class amenities provided by its local networks of co-conspirators - innovators in food, beverage, technology, art, music, fashion and wellness.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
What follows is a general overview of some of the qualifications for, and duties associated with, this position, and certain expectations regarding job performance. This is not a comprehensive job description, and it does not identify all essential job functions or duties associated with this position. It is being provided as additional information to help you better understand the position.
Director of Engineering
Must love hospitality! The Director of Engineering supervises the operation, maintenance, and repair of hotel equipment, tools, and facilities. Oversees the maintenance staff and may work in both an office setting and, on the property, addressing HVAC and other types of issues. In addition to maintenance duties, may also work with contractors to coordinate renovations, remodeling projects and new construction.
• Ensure the smooth daily operation and guest appeal of the hotel
• Direct the maintenance staff on small repairs, such as patching drywall, fixing faulty wiring, or unclogging drains
• Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies corrected; ensures property is in compliance with all safety and sanitation policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of ventilation/air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other generally accepted maintenance skills.
• More complex problems may require the chief engineer to consult blueprints or product manuals in order to fix boilers or air-conditioning motors
• Assigns staff to repair sprinklers or instruct grounds crew to maintain outside landscaping.
• Manage maintenance workers and participate in hiring, training evaluating and mentoring staff
• Budget material and labor expenses and submit these assessments to the hotel manager
• Two to four years related experience or equivalent
• Knowledge of city and state building codes, OSHA requirements, and ADA laws.
• Extensive experience with installing and troubleshooting electrical switches, operating boilers, and repairing appliances
• Knowledge of ventilation/air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other generally accepted maintenance skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Must have prior supervisory experience.
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Schedule Full Time
Location 1100 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Microsoft Office • Able to lift 30+ pounds