Kalahari Development is a division of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions which acts as an internal construction management firm. The Development team is responsible for taking project ideas from the Executive team and managing them through the entire design & construction process. This includes new site development and ground-up construction projects as well as remodeling projects and large-scale facilities maintenance projects.
An Administrative Assistant working the Development Department will assist the Project Managers and Director of Development with a variety of administrative duties, including organization of plan and file storage, processing invoices, preparing contracts and purchase orders, management of the record keeping process, coordinating with other internal departments such as accounting to facilitate the payment process, and other duties typical of an administrative assistant working for a construction company (or similar field). QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in an Administrative or Accounting program is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years working in an administrative capacity is required
- Such experience coming from performing administrative duties for a facilities/maintenance department and/or a construction company is preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & JOB DUTIES
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively.
- Basic math skills, ability to calculate figures, and basic understanding of financial data.
- High level of organization skills needed with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in concert with multiple project managers simultaneously and prioritize multiple tasks
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
- Ability to manage an organized file storage and record keeping system in both hard copy and electronic format
- Ability to prepare contract documents and purchase orders using templates and proposal information
- Assist with management of the contract administration and invoice tracking processes for the department.
- Organize and manage the tracking process related to personnel management to ensure the Development Director is staying current on items such as: performance reviews, new hire paperwork, associate PTO tracking, etc.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail for the Development Department
- Ability to participate in meetings, take clear/concise notes, and promptly distribute meeting minutes at the direction of the project management team.
- Comfortability contacting vendors and outside contractors as needed to perform administrative duties while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism.
- Organizing office supplies and purchasing as needed to ensure an adequate stock is available
- Assist the project management team with acquiring quotes for materials and/or contractor services.
- Assist in additional duties as assigned by the Director of Development
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel programs.
- Advanced typing skills.
- Experience in the use of general office equipment such as multi-line phones, copiers, scanners, and printers.
- Job requires frequent use of email communication
- Must be able to frequently communicate and develop rapport with internal project management team, other internal departments, and external partners.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times (up to 5 hours)
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and perform basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment that is constantly changing based on room occupancy and group business.